Would you agree with me if I said, there’s at least one thing everyone wants to improve in their life?
Most people would agree. Be it personal, professional, health, or relationships, we all have something we want to improve. Maybe even a few things!
Today’s 3 minute love tip is about creating better habits to improve your love life. This tip is inspired by a recent JRCtv episode on how to create or change habits for success. Whether dating or married, today we are focusing on becoming better partners in life and love!
So what’s one thing you can think of that you want to change?
If you’re single:
- Maybe it’s not be so quick to judge or eliminate potential partners.
- Maybe it’s you’re reluctance to commit that you want to overcome or over analyzing the other persons actions.
- Perhaps you want to have enough self confidence to approach other singles. Another habit people often want to break is not hooking up so quickly…
Whatever area in dating you think you could improve, focus in on thing to improve and commit to the actions below.
If you’re married:
- Maybe you want to work on being a better listener and stop cutting your spouse off in the middle of a sentence.
- Maybe you hold onto things to long and want to work on letting go. Another common topic is
better communication, like asking rather than assuming.
- Feel like your fighting over time? Maybe you may want to get on the same page when it comes to planning, time manage, calendars, or roles you each play in the relationship.
Whatever area you’re looking to improve, an easy way to make the change are by acknowledging small cues which trigger a habit that you’re looking to change into a better one. Here’s a great video explaining it!
So my challenge to you is:
- Determine what exactly it is the habit you’re looking to change.
- Find the cue which causing the habit or reaction and replace it with a better one!
Once you identify the cue of the old habit, you must decide the new action, reaction, or thought that you make instead. After that, celebrate this new habit loop that you’ve created to reinforce it.
You can literally do this in any area of your life, but right now I want you to focus on a habit or behavior
in your relationship that you want to improve. The rewards are endless.
Looking forward to hearing what bad habits you turned into good ones!