“He who knows others is learned; He who knows himself is wise”
As a child all of us wanted love and/or affection from someone and created a set of
guidelines on what type of person we would need to be in order to receive that love
or affection. Many times we have spent our whole lives still using that set of
guidelines to guide us in our ways. Here are a few questions to help you determine
the guidelines you’ve created in the past and to discover which ones you are
currently using today.
Lets get started:
1. As a child who did you want love from the most? (not who you got it
from, who did you want it from the most) Mom, dad, grandma,
2. What type of person did you have to be in order to receive their love? (ex:
smart, funny, creative, strong, an achiever…etc.)
3. What type of person could you never be? (if you were this type of person
they would immediately take away their love)
4. Who are you today?
5. Who would you need to become (by adding or taking away some traits or
actions) in order to be the type of man or woman that would easily
achieve all of the goals you are aiming for in life? (and enjoy the hell out
of the process)
6. What traits would you need more of, less of, to get rid of or to add in order to fully be the true authentic you?